Are you tired of purchasing ho-hum granola bars with no flavor that are full of preservatives and who knows what else?
Are you dying for a yummy fall recipe that will fill your needs, suffice as a healthy after-school snack and will please your spouse!?
Are you obsessed with all things PUMPKIN this time of year like me?
How about your diet. Are you gluten free? Vegan? A make-it-yourself type family?
Well look no more! I have the perfect solution for you!
I give you Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Bars.
No need to go to Pinterest for this one….unless of course you want to follow me and my boards 😉 All you need is right here on this site, irokthekitchen.com!
Read on my friends:
All you need:
Two medium sized mixing bowls
Wooden spoon or a fork
9×9 square baking pan
Wire cooling rack
2 3/4 cups quick oats (labeled as gluten free if needed)
1/4 cup slivered almonds (+ 2 Tablespoons for topping)
1/4 cup chopped pecans (toasted if desired)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 cup of canned pure pumpkin
1/2 cup plain applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 semi sweet chocolate chips (+ 3 Tablespoons for topping) (also can use vegan chips!)
*Note- the only way this can be considered a gluten free treat is if you use oats that are labeled as having been processed in a wheat-free facility. Check the packaging! ***
*Note 2- the same goes for vegan labeling, if the chocolate chips do not use milk products and are labeled as such, this could be considered a vegan recipe***
Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Grease your 9×9″ baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using your food possessor, blend the oats and almonds until they resemble a fine “flour”. Stir if needed. Dump into one of the mixing bowls. Whisk in the rest of the dry ingredients (pecans, powder, soda, salt, and spices) and set aside.
- In the separate mixing bowl, use a fork to combine the wet ingredients until smooth (pumpkin, applesauce, sugar, honey, and oil).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir together until just mixed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour and spread evenly into the baking pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining tablespoons of chips and almond slices and place into oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and check for doneness with a knife that comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack or in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before serving.
Oh my as if fall couldn’t get any better…. it can!
Want to check out some other fabulous pumpkin recipes?
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
2 thoughts on “Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Bars”